Seigneurie de Peyrat
- Project state
- P&Co activities
- Real estate investment
- Land surface
- 1,700,000 sqm
- Surface developped
- 4,000 sqm
Vignoble, résidentiel, réceptions, restaurant
- Interiors design
- Cécile Viennet - Espada
- SCEA Domaine de Peyrat
- Delivery date
The Seigneurie de Peyrat is one of the Languedoc’s oldest and most respected vineyard châteaux. Dating back to Roman times, the château that exists now was constructed in the 17th century, long before the ‘wine rush’ of the 19th century that ushered in most of the region’s other chateaux.
In the seventeenth century, the Peyrat family who had their “summer house” in Montplaisir lived in the Connetable de Montmorency Hôtel in Pézenas, nowadays the home of Pézenas tourism office called Hôtel de Peyrat.
Around this time, the estate was honored to host 'The Sun King' Louis XIV and Cardinal Mazarin in 1660.
At the end of the 17th century, Montplaisir was sold to the Reboul family. From then on, Montplaisir took the name of its former owners and became Peyrat.
The property changed hands several times until 1910, when Gustave Fayet acquired it. In the 1980s, his grand grandson Luc Viennet and his wife Béatrice undertook to restructure the vineyard. Since 2010, Cécile Viennet and her husband Miguel Espada, the fifth generation, have been managing the estate and its 170 hectares of land.